Semester 7
Final Grade: A


Contents includes:


Final presentation of Environmental Design for a fictional exposition at a local facility.
2 Assignments


Extra credit assignment: Poster, photographs, and designs for the local charity event Heart Walk Association.


Assignment 1: Poster, photograph, and designs for a local fashion show event Soiree.
Assignment 2: Photographs and designs for a Package Design.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dolly-3D Figure-Paper Construction



The model for my fashion show concept poster design is an antomically-correct 3D paper construction that took a full week, and many errors, to assemble. During our class work time I turned to my instructor and told him, "I've heard of making paper dolls, but this is ridiculous."
I used the same techniques from my Life Drawing; creating paper renditions of the same steps in drawing a figure.
I used several high-quality paper-card stock for the skin and dress. The dress-paper has a silky, elegent sparkle to it up close that resembles fabric. The skin-paper has a smooth, soft dlicate surface to represent real skin.
I located a special ribbon for the hair and even had my hair-cutting wife stylize it. The figure was derived from one of the fashion show's actual models.

Upon completion of the doll-model I felt she had earned her name, "Dolly."
Antomically correct... with the exception of missing feet to be replaced by shoes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment